Job Opportunity #1:
Perennial Production Leader (Value Stream Leader)
We are looking for a high energy perennial production leader! You will lead a team in continuous improvement of our perennial program, from start to finish.
Some of your duties will be:
- Commit to and model the Peoria Gardens culture, including respect, teamwork and accountability.
- Support the implementation of Lean principles to ensure visual management, standard work, 5S, flow and linkage of the overall value stream.
- Develop the yearly production plan and growing space plan for the perennial value stream.
- Make global adjustments to the crop schedule, with input from grower and sales.
- Order and maintain appropriate inventory levels of green goods and hard goods.
- Make and communicate weekly adjustments to planned finished crop quantities.
- Support seasonal staffing needs for value stream, with input from team leaders.
- Actively participate with quarterly sales team meeting to evaluate customer needs and maximize customer value.
- Provide thorough one-on-one guidance to team leaders to ensure effective, efficient, and customer-oriented operation of all processes.
- Develop and continuously improve standard work for all processes.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees and housekeeping on all areas.
- Coach and develop team members on a day-to-day basis.
- Support other value streams as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
5+ years of experience within the horticultural industry
Strong leadership skills.
Pension, health/dental, vacation and paid parental leave. Salary based on experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to Ben Verhoeven (email@example.com)
Job Opportunity #2:
HIRING for Seasonal positions: Transplanting & Shipping. You will be working alongside with friendly & energetic people. For more info, please see our Craigslist ad
Curious to learn more about Peoria Gardens? Check out the following links:
- Capital Press articles
- Take Root Magazine
- Some of our energy conservation projects:
Oregon Department of Energy “ODOE PROGRAMS HELP PEORIA GARDENS GROW”
Energy Trust Oregon Success Story